Today’s post is brought to you by a fellow Yeast-Free with Me Team member:
Can you believe it? We have already arrived on day 10 of the Yeast-Free with Me challenge! In honor of the challenge and all of the avid users of the in our office, I wanted to share my review of the product and offer YOU a chance to win your own jar of coconut oil.
First, let’s start with my review of the Coconut Oil. Since our yeast-free challenge is in full swing, I decided to make yeast-free peanut butter cookies using the Tropical Traditions Organic Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil.
, (Via Vegetarian Delights, by Millan Chessman)
1 cup natural nutty peanut butter
1 cup Tropical Traditions Organic Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil
2 cups oat flour
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and Sweet-N-Natural®.
3. Next, use a separate bowl to combine cream oil, vanilla, peanut butter and eggs.
While I was measuring out the Coconut Oil, I got a little on my hands so I decided to add a bit more since my hands have been so dry lately and boy did my hands feel moisturized! What a great deal to get a moisturizer and a healthy oil for baking all in one! Anyway, back to the recipe.
4. Gradually add flour mixture.
5. Form into balls by teaspoonfuls. Place on cookie sheet.
The consistency of the batter was very creamy so I made sure to be extra gentle while forming the balls.
6. Press balls with fork. Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
I must admit – and I’m almost positive our registered dietician Shelley Johnson would not approve of this – but I definitely licked the batter off of the beaters. When I bit into the batter, all I could taste was the moistest flavor of peanut butter I have ever tasted. I can definitely attribute the moistness to the Coconut Oil; it gave the batter such a creamy and delicious texture. YUM!
My review of the Coconut Oil in three words: moist, delicious and healthy!
OK, now for the details of how to win your very own jar of Tropical Traditions Organic Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil.
1. You MUST leave your e-mail address in the comment section below.
2. You MUST subscribe to the .
3. Sorry, but this giveaway is only open for residents of the USA & Canada.
4. Also, no P.O. Boxes please.
5. Contest ends at 4 p.m. CST on Wednesday, January 27 and the winner will be selected through random.org.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.