Every October, Americans come together to show their support against breast cancer. Pink ribbons are out, 5K races abound and even football players don hot pink accents on their uniforms. Most all of us have been affected by the heartbreaking disease in some way, whether it’s someone you care about or you’ve gone through it personally.
While we applaud the efforts in searching for a cure, true awareness includes a focus on prevention. What if you could avoid breast cancer in the first place? Learn 31 tips for breast cancer prevention to help protect yourself and lower your risk.
1. Cut sugar out of your diet.
2. Maintain optimal progesterone levels.
3. Eat at least 2 ½ cups of organic fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Supplement with iodine.
5. Avoid processed foods.
6. Get quality sleep.
7. Stop smoking.
8. Limit alcohol intake to one drink per day.
9. Drink green tea.
10. De-stress to maintain a healthy immune system.
11. Avoid GMOs (genetically modified foods) which are treated with
herbicides that are carcinogenic.
12. Maintain optimal vitamin D levels.
13. Don’t take synthetic hormones, such as Premarin and Prempro.
14. Use paraben-free cosmetics and personal care products.
15. Avoid xenoestrogens, commonly found in plastic water bottles.
16. Maintain hormonal balance.
17. Detoxify your body.
18. Stay hydrated.
19. Avoid prescription drugs that can cause cancer, like Tamoxifen
20. Don’t use antiperspirants or deodorants that contain aluminum.
21. Avoid birth control pills, especially in young girls.
23. Maintain a healthy body weight.
24. Take vitamin C.
25. Add antioxidants to your diet, such as vitamins E, C, A and
26. Eat grass-fed meat raised without hormones.
27. Maintain a healthy pH balance.
28. Limit wearing a bra, which restricts the flow of lymph, hindering
the natural cleansing process.
29. Eat a low-fat diet.
30. Add curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, to your diet.
31. Avoid electromagnetic fields – radiation produced by cell
phones, X-rays, electric blankets, etc. – as much as possible.
Hormone balance plays a key role in preventing breast cancer. Are you wondering if hormonal imbalance is one of your risk factors? Take our symptom checker quiz to find out, so that you can take action today.
Share this with all the women in your life so that they can be proactive and take charge of their health.