Is your closet overflowing with lots of stuff? Are your refrigerator and pantry in dire need of cleaning? Does it drive you crazy to have extra piles of paper and boxes everywhere?
It’s a great idea to clean out your closets and let go of any clothes you haven’t worn in over a year. Give them to a good charitable cause to help others. Has your garage become cluttered? It could use a good cleaning, too. If you’re a pack rat, this may cause you some anxiety, but rest assured, it will feel so good to have an uncluttered home. It brings peace of mind.
Now, think about your own body. How many times have you gone through a fast food window over the past year? How much processed food have you eaten? How many cocktails at happy hours have you had? Not to mention all of the unavoidable toxins in our environment such as pollution and chemicals in our personal care products.
All of this adds up. Your body accumulates toxins over time. Your liver helps detoxify these toxins, but when your body becomes overloaded, it needs help. Plus, you will begin to feel worse physically, such as feeling tired and having headaches.
Springtime is a great time to not only spring clean your home, but also your body.
Symptoms of Toxicity
First, these are some of the many health symptoms that can be caused by an overload of toxins in your body:
- Difficulty losing weight
- Poor concentration
- Abdominal bloating
- Digestive problems/indigestion
- Skin rashes
- Joint pain
These tips will help to detoxify your body of toxins so that you can feel your best.
1. Start with your pantry. Clean out all the junk and processed food.
2. Fill your fridge with organic fruits and vegetables. Make delicious smoothies to help you get in a large number of servings each day.
3. Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Add fresh lemon slices for flavor, plus they also help flush out toxins.
4. Avoid sugar as much as possible. This includes cakes, cookies, donuts, bread and pasta.
5. Exercise to sweat out the toxins.
6. Get good night’s sleep and rest whenever needed.
7. Do a good detox program regularly.
8. Take a a good detox supplement like the Dr. Hotze’s Detox Formula.
9. De-stress through yoga or meditation.
10. Do a digital detox. Turn off your phone and computer for a while. Use your weekends or evenings to free your mind and get outside and enjoy a favorite activity.
Dr. Hotze on Toxins
In this podcast video, watch as Dr. Hotze visits with expert Cindy Krueger, MPH about how toxins affect our bodies, and what we can do to protect ourselves.
Toxins Affect Hormone Balance
Did you know that toxins and chemicals in the environment can cause hormonal balance? Take our symptom checker to find out if you have symptoms of hormone imbalance. We can help. Call our Wellness Consultants at 281-698-8698 for a complimentary wellness consultation today.