With the current pandemic at hand, it’s even more important than ever to do all you can to stay healthy and well. Having a healthy immune system is crucial for preventing illness. However, keeping your immune system functioning properly is equally important to think about all year-round, as well.
The Immune System
Your immune system plays a vital role in your health because it protects your body from harmful substances that could make you ill. It is made up of various organs, cells and proteins.
Without an immune system, we would have no way to fight harmful substances that make us sick. The main tasks of the body’s immune system are:
- to fight disease-causing germs (pathogens) like bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi, and to remove them from the body,
- to recognize and neutralize harmful substances from the environment, and
- to fight disease-causing changes in the body, such as cancer cells.(1)
12 Tips to Boost Your Immune System
Fortunately, there are many things you can do to help boost and protect your immune system.
- Eat immune-boosting foods such as lemons, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, oregano, garlic, ginger broccoli, and red bell peppers.
- Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day. Add lemon slices to help flush out viruses and bacteria.
- Eat organic fruits and vegetables which are full of vitamins and minerals.
- Try to get at least 7 to 9 hours of quality sleep each night.
- Drink green tea which is high in antioxidants.
- Eliminate sugar and simple carbs. Sugar depresses the immune system.
- De-stress with exercise. Go for a brisk walk or try yoga or meditation.
- Make sure you have optimal thyroid function.
- Take supplements such as vitamin A, B-complex, C, D3, zinc and probiotics.
Dr. Hotze’s Immune Pak is a powerful comprehensive formula that supports your immune system naturally. Research shows that vitamin A, B Complex, C, D3, zinc and probiotics are all effective in nourishing important immune cells. Taking these crucial vitamins and minerals will help protect and boost your immune system.
Dr. Hotze’s Immune Pak includes:
- Vitamin A 10,000iu – 1 softgel
- B Complex – 1 capsule
- Vitamin C 1,000 mg – 6 capsules
- Vitamin D3 5,000 i.u. – 2 softgels
- Zinc 30 mg – 1 capsule
- Probiotic Blend – 2 capsules
Vitamin A – Vitamin A is known as an anti-inflammation vitamin because of its critical role in enhancing immune function. Research shows that vitamin A has both promoting and regulatory roles in both the innate immune system and adaptive immunity; therefore, it can enhance immune function and provide an enhanced defense against multiple infectious diseases. (2)
B-Complex – B-Complex supports optimal energy and promotes nerve health and brain function. It may improve overall sense of well-being. It improves nervous system function, which may help with stress, anxiety and nerve disorders. It supports the body’s natural detoxification processes.
Vitamin C – Research demonstrates that vitamin C is necessary for the immune system to mount and sustain an adequate response against pathogens. Vitamin C contributes beneficial effects to immune defense by supporting various cellular functions of the immune system. Research shows that supplementation with vitamin C appears to be able to both prevent and treat respiratory and systemic infections. (3)
Vitamin D3 – Vitamin D3 offers improved immune system function. Research shows that vitamin D supplements protect against acute respiratory infections. (4) Vitamin D is an important factor in immune system health. Research demonstrates that people who have low vitamin D levels may have an increased risk of developing influenza.
Zinc Chelate – Zinc affects multiple aspects of the immune system. Research shows that zinc-deficient patients had severe immune dysfunctions. Zinc is crucial for normal development and function of cells mediating innate immunity, neutrophils (a type of white blood cell), and natural killer cells. (5)
Probiotics – The health of your body depends upon the health of your gut. Probiotics may help strengthen your immune system by keeping your GI tract healthy through improving the balance of good bacteria and supporting overall gastrointestinal health. Research demonstrates that probiotics can be safe and effective in fighting the common cold and influenza-like respiratory infections by boosting the immune system. (6)
Order Your Immune Pak Today!
We are here for you.
Did you know that hormone decline and imbalance can negatively affect your immune system? If you are not feeling as healthy as you should, take our symptom checker to find out if you could have a hormone deficiency. If you want to get your health back on track, call our Wellness Consultants today at 281-698-8698. Please know that we are here for you for any of your health needs.
1. How does the immune system work?
2. Role of Vitamin A in the Immune System
3. Vitamin C and Immune Function
4. Vitamin D Supplementation to Prevent Acute Respiratory Tract Infections: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Individual Participant Data
5. Zinc in Human Health: Effect of Zinc on Immune Cells
6. Prospective Study of Probiotic Supplementation Results in Immune Stimulation and Improvement of Upper Respiratory Infection Rate