Allergies and Asthma – Jim’s Story

Comments: 0

“I just could not understand why I was not the man that I used to be. I had just figured I was getting older and that was that…I arrived at the Hotze Wellness Center weighing in at a hefty 250 pounds…I [now] weigh 188 pounds…My mental capacity has increased at least three-fold and my focus and general outlook on life is now great!”In 1964, at age 8, in Delaware, I came down with asthma. I was given allergy shots, and Primatine Inhalers, and as a last resort, adrenalin shots. All were only temporary aids; I suffered a lot and was unable to walk around the block for much of my childhood. I seemed to improve by age 18, went to College, and moved to Houston, Texas in 1980. This was on advice from my allergy doctor and for a job due to the recession at that time in the north.

I began to get sinus infections over and over and was given antibiotics 2 to 3 times a year in the 1980’s. The allergies got worse and I was then given Albuterol Inhalers, Medrol then Prednisone; all strong steroids which only temporarily stopped the asthma attacks. But the infections got worse and worse. The asthma attacks intensified. I went from job to job never snapping that my health was a factor.
I had married my wife Martha in 1986, and in 1991 we had 2 sons, Matt and Mike. On Saturday, November 9, 1991, it “hit the fan” so to speak. I took an antihistamine tablet about 4pm while watching a college football game. At 6pm my neighbor left and I thought I would take my Albuterol inhaler, as I was starting to have an asthma attack. It did not work. I took it over and over again, not realizing it was a chemical based drug which was coating my lungs and making things worse. My wife came home about 6:45pm and I was barely breathing by pushing my abdomen into the kitchen counter to force the air out of my lungs. She tried to take me to the Hospital, but it was too late. I went into cardiac arrest. I went out of my body and watched her call 911. I do not remember the details.
So I made it. I came to in the emergency room and the doctors and nurses were stunned.  I should have been a vegetable but was able to talk and was coherent. I was released after 4 days and went home a changed man. I began to go to Church and slowly went back to God.
But my health turned worse. In 1993, I was on antibiotics for 7 months out of the year for sinus infections. At the end of 1993, my doctor told me I had to have sinus surgery and he could do nothing more for me. So I did it. I had a 6.5 hour operation, and it was tough. I had severely damaged and malformed bones, and a deviated septum. Only 5% of the air I breathed was getting through my nose! It worked and I improved a lot.
The years between 1995 and 1999 were pretty good. I got more involved in Church and Pro-Life work. We had another son, #3, Peter, in December 1996. But the infections came back. I was still taking all the steroid inhalers and prednisone here and there. The asthma got worse. Then on Thanksgiving Day in 1999, my wife came home with a scented wreath. It was a costly wreath. I had a huge attack, blacked out, and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. So that Christmas I got a breathing machine and thought everything would be fine.
In the summer of 2000, I took the family to Colorado and rented a cabin next to Rocky Mountain National Park. The fifth night we were there I suddenly had a whopper asthma attack and barely got to the hospital. I spent the night there and we had to leave early the next day.
I was really confused. I had had an operation. I was doing everything the mainstream medical establishment said but was getting worse again. I went to the surgeon again and he found that I had a huge cyst growing in my sinus. We thought removing it would increase the air flow and reduce the attacks. It really had to be removed, and the surgeon actually said the cyst was a side affect from the steroids I was taking! So the drugs were compounding things. I had a 2 hour outpatient surgery and removed the cyst.
In 2001, I went back to Colorado and sure enough I had another attack and the breathing machine would not work. They gave me prednisone at the hospital and it went away. Towards the Fall Season, I began to have more attacks. My wife put her foot down. Find another doctor!
So in late October 2001, I was in my office at work, listening to a Christian station on my shortwave radio. It went dead. The shortwave band broke. I reached over and pushed the “AM” button and hit search. It landed on 700AM KSEV radio here in Houston. I am not making this up! A doctor named Steve Hotze was talking about a medical condition which was exactly what I was going through. I knew his mother from working with her on Pro-Life projects. I picked up the phone and made an appointment at his office. The date I got was November 9, 2001. Yes – EXACTLY 10 YEARS AFTER MY HEART STOPPED.
It was a telephone interview and it took a long time to get through my history. Then 4 days later, I went to the office and Dr Hotze put his Neutralizing drops under my tongue. I jumped 3 feet off the table. Instantly I could breathe. I could hear better, think, and see better. My blood oxygen skyrocketed. I lost 5.5 inches around my waist in 7 days from killing the yeast which was a side affect of the drugs I had been taking all those 37 years. I lost 12 pounds in that same week. I discovered I had had a bad thyroid all those years. I brought my sons Mike and Peter in as well and found out they had bad thyroids. Mike had been on Adderol and misdiagnosed as ADD. So those 2 lives were changed when I was healed.
I have a new life. My wife and I had another son, #4, Philip, in 2002. I sort of missed 37 years. I can work out at the health club. I can climb mountains in Colorado. I do not have to carry my breathing machine around. I do not have to look for hospital signs by the road while I travel. I am amazed how easy it is to do everyday things now. I do way more things at Church, and I am an Extraordinary Eucharistic Minister at my Church, St John Neumann Roman Catholic in Houston.
As you can deduce, He was behind my cure in a big way! My job is easier and my sales and income have jumped. I can do so much more it just stuns me. You cannot be a success unless you have good health! I am able to keep up with my sons who are now 17, 15, 9, and 4 years old. One day our insurance salesman, where I work, saw how much better I looked and asked if I wanted Life Insurance. Nobody would give me insurance due to my health history. You know when you have been dead, insurers do not want you!
Well, when they did my blood work for the policy, they ran a second test as they thought it was a scam. How could my blood improve so much? A doctor called from the life insurance company and asked a bunch of questions about what had changed my health. He was impressed! They gave me the $250,000 policy.
So do not take a chance with your health. It is very uncomfortable when you die. So try to make it easier on yourself. Get to Hotze Health.

God Bless you all!Can you relate to Jim’s story? Contact us today and let us help you get your life back!

Written By: STEVEN F. HOTZE, M.D.

Steven F. Hotze, M.D., is the founder and CEO of the Hotze Health & Wellness Center, Hotze Vitamins and Physicians Preference Pharmacy International, LLC.