Yvonne’s Story

Comments: 0

On March 4, 1992, the office in which I worked was flooded with 9 feet of water.  On April 4, 1992, I married the love of my life.  When we returned from our 7-day honeymoon to Lake Tahoe, I was diagnosed with a strep infection.  Thus began my 13-year journey of my “Life Lost”.

During the next two and a half years, I saw 22 doctors who tried to convince me that my illness was caused either by the residue from the flood on rescued documents or by the stress of the wedding.  I had every test possible!  I saw an allergist for over 2 years.  Each doctor was convinced that if I took just one more antibiotic and/or steroid, I would be fine. I was even diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Each recommended that I take anti-depressants for my “condition”.  I refused and told each and every doctor that if I felt better, I would not be depressed.

“I had every test possible!”

During this time, I held jobs in the technology industry.  Some days were so miserable that I prayed for 5:00 to arrive.

My “spells”, which lasted 24 hours to 3 weeks, included typical flu-like symptoms:  nausea, muscle aches, total exhaustion, cold which was not aided by the addition of clothes or blankets, brain fog, and a terrible cough.  My husband and I never knew what specifically caused the symptoms to begin or abate.  Very conservatively, I believe that I lost 1/3 of my life in the last 13 years.

“Very conservatively, I believe
that I lost 1/3 of my life in
the last 13 years.”

The summer of 2005 was one of the worst!  Spells were almost constant.  I found a clinic in Dallas that assured me that my condition would be helped.  I attended two information meetings and was on the verge of becoming a patient when I heard Dr. Hotze being interviewed on Channel 8.  (I mention the Channel because it is not one that I watch in the AM; someone was watching over me!).  I was impressed by what I heard and decided to rush to the bookstore and purchase Hormones, Health and Happiness.  I had no intention of attending the book signing that evening.  I spent the day reading and much to my surprise found myself at Dr. Hotze’s presentation.

I had 2 extensive phone conversations with Nickie Nye who is so knowledgeable and patient.  The person who went over my questionnaire listened to ME!  On October 30, 2005, I became a guest of the Hotze Clinic.  From the moment I walked into the clinic, I knew that my life was about to change.  The welcoming staff, nurse, Sheri Gruener, who was with me for the entire visit, Dr. Ellsworth, and the pharmacist, Stephanie Arthurs, were all so warm and professional.  They listened!

Since that date, I have spent 22 days in Lafayette, Louisiana getting my parents’ home ready for sale.  (It was built in 1933 and had been rented for 17 years.)  The work has consisted of cutting trees, hauling many loads of trash left by the previous tenant, personally removing approximately 2,000 square feet of carpeting, painting, and washing the exterior of the home.

I rushed home from one of my trips to welcome into our home 22 family members for our Christmas weekend.

Recently, I began a new regime!  I am now registered for 3 one-hour cardio/weight classes and 6 hours of line dancing per week.  Since my FIRST visit to the Hotze clinic, I have NOT had a “spell”. I wake up each morning amazed at the feelings of wellness that I have not had in 13 years.  I consider Dr. Hotze and his staff miracle workers!  My prayer is that Dr. Hotze will continue his life changing work so that others will be spared the wasted time that I have experienced.  They have truly given me back my life. 

By the way, I have lost 20+ pounds, 3 inches in my waist, and look forward to celebrating my 68th birthday this month.

Can you relate to Yvonne's story?  Don't wait.  Contact us today so that we can help you transform your life!