Should You Get a Flu Shot?
Fall is officially here and you know what that means – flu season is upon us. You’ve no doubt seen the signs for flu shots popping up everywhere. You can’t avoid them, however we suggest that you pause and consider the following information before making your decision. We believe that the best way to prevent the flu is by boosting your immune system naturally. Here’s why.
Ingredients of the Flu Vaccine
There are many valid reasons to avoid getting a flu shot, namely because you will be injected with harmful substances that are foreign to the human body. According to the FDA, here are the ingredients of the 2015-2116 flu vaccine:
Embalming Fluid, Mercury and Cleaning Product Chemicals
Do you want those substances in your body? Here’s what concerns us. Take formaldehyde, for instance, which is used as a disinfectant in cleaning products and as a preservative to embalm the deceased in funeral homes. It is also known to cause cancer and neurological damage in humans. Thimerosal is a mercury preservative used in vaccines. Mercury is a known neurotoxin and can destroy brain neurons, and is even believed to cause autism. Octylphenol ethoxylate is a chemical commonly used in cleaning agents, paints, coatings, treatments for textiles, and chemicals used in paper manufacturing. It is known to be very toxic to wildlife because it disrupts the endocrine system and interferes with development and the reproductive system. Exposure to high levels of octylphenol ethoxylates may cause irritation of the lungs, digestive system, skin and eyes.
10 Ways to Prevent the Flu Naturally
You don’t have to expose yourself to these harmful ingredients. Instead, take natural steps to prevent the flu. Here’s what you can do to protect yourself, starting today:
1. Wash your hands frequently to remove any bacteria and viruses. This is an easy way to protect yourself from illness every day.
2. Get a restful night’s sleep which helps the body restore itself.
3. Eat a healthy diet of organic fruits and vegetables which gives you antioxidants that help remove harmful free radicals from your body.
4. Exercise regularly to stimulate the immune system.
5. Avoid sugar, which depresses the immune system.
6. De-stress. Stress can affect your body’s ability to fight off infections and can throw your hormones out of balance.
7. Take vitamin D3. Ask a physician to check your vitamin D3 levels to ensure they are optimal.
9. Make sure your hormones are in balance. Hypothyroidism and hormonal imbalance can lead to a weak immune system.
10. Drink lots of water to help you stay hydrated. This helps remove toxins from your body.
It is important to be proactive and take charge of your health so that you can fight off infections, such as the flu, both naturally and safely. Your body will thank you for it!