Mmm…doesn’t that look delicious? Kind of gets you ready for Thanksgiving doesn’t it? If you’re looking for a holiday dessert recipe that won’t put too much of a dent in your diet, boy do we have a surprise for you! Be prepared to delight in dessert guilt-free. This is a Thanksgiving recipe for those who are interested in counting calories and watching their sugar intake without taking delciousness out of dessert!
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 (8 oz) packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 can of puréed organic pumpkin
- 1 cup of Swerve
- ½ cup FAGE 2% yogurt (or ½ cup light sour cream)
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of 9 ½ inch spring form cheesecake pan.
2. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with chopped pecans, distribute evenly.
3. Beat Swerve, vanilla extract, and cream cheese in a mixing bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
4. Add pumpkin and yogurt, mixing thoroughly on medium speed. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
5. Mix in spices and salt.
6. Pour batter over the nuts in the pan and bake for 1 hour and 20-30 minutes (test center: knife placed in center should come out clean)
Makes 12 servings:
Per slice: 170 calories, 12 g fat, 5g saturated fat, 7g carbohydrates, 2g sugar, 8g protein