Healthy Yeast-Free Snacks
Yesterday you went with me on a yeast-free shopping trip. Are you wondering what I did with all the yeast-free food? I made a lot of yummy yeast-free snacks!
Snack Attack Busters
OK, I’ll have to admit that I have a peanut butter problem; I probably eat a little too much peanut butter. Hey, everything in moderation, right? So I’ll have just a moderately small amount of peanut butter on my snacks. These snacks include:
- Apples with natural peanut butter (my favorite apples: Fuji & Granny Smith).
- Turkey deli meat wrapped in romaine lettuce with a bit of yeast-free mustard, you can find the mustard recipe on page 39 of Hotze Optimal Eating Program Cookbook.
- Celery sticks with peanut butter.
- Peanut butter balls (recipe page 79 in cookbook). Pictured are the ingredients I used: Arrowhead Mills steel cut oats (hot cereal), natural peanut butter, Sweet-n-Natural sweetener and cinnamon.
- Terra Chips (original) with guacamole or salsa.
- Chunk light canned tuna, I like Bumble Bee chunk light tuna. 1 can tuna, ½ cup fresh lemon juice, sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper, add chopped hard boiled egg.
- Egg Cups for breakfast or a snack. I made eight cups in a muffin pan: 8 eggs scrambled, add pico de gallo and sliced turkey peppered bacon, cook on 350 degrees for 25 mins.
- 2 hard boiled eggs.
- Raw nuts — I buy a raw, organic nut mix with almonds, pecans and macadamia nuts.
- Fresh avocado, baby romaine tomatoes, sprinkle with salt & pepper and olive oil.
- Canned black beans with pico de gallo and guacamole.
- Shrimp Cocktail with yeast-free seafood cocktail sauce — page 40 in cookbook.
Sugar Craving Zappers
When my sweet tooth gets the best of me, I try these quick fixes to zap the sugar craving:
- Chewing Sweet-n-Natural gum – cinnamon and spearmint are my favorite.
- Fresh, organic strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with a small amount of Sweet-n-Natural sweetener sprinkled on top.
- A small glass of Almond Breeze unsweetened chocolate almond milk.
- A glass of Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk, mixed with one scoop or one packet of Jay Robb’s vanilla whey protein powder.
- My favorite smoothie (contains only favorable fruit): 5 strawberries, 8 raspberries, 1 cup of vanilla Almond Breeze (unsweetened), 5 to 6 ice cubes, and 1 small scoop natural peanut butter. Add all ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly until desired thickness is reached.
Well, that’s about it! Thank you for coming along with me on a typical day of preparing for a yeast-free week!