In our last post we talked about resolving to take charge of your health so that you can transform your life. A big part of improving your health is what you put into your body. You’ve no doubt heard the expressions: “you are what you eat” and “garbage in, garbage out.” You can’t eat fast food and junk food every day and expect to stay healthy and feel your best. It just doesn’t work that way.
What can healthy eating do for you?
Here are some of the amazing benefits you can reap from healthy eating:
- Reduce your risk of developing heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer, depression, arthritis and type 2 diabetes
- Strengthen your immune system
- Improve your heart health
- Improve your mental clarity and concentration
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Decrease your headaches
- Relieve bloating and indigestion
- Improve your gastrointestinal health
- Decrease your stress
- Boost your energy
- Improve your muscle strength
- Promote optimal growth and development
- Improve your vision
When it comes to healthy eating, the physicians at Hotze Health & Wellness Center advise to get back to the basics and eat REAL food: fruits, vegetables, nuts and lean meat. Anything that comes in a box, plastic wrap or from a drive through window is not going to be on that list. Unfortunately, many mainstream doctors do not discuss the important role a healthy diet plays in the prevention and cure of many health conditions.
While altering your eating habits can be challenging and is a major life change for many people, please don’t get discouraged, because you can do this. Remember that you are in charge of the choices you make! Take it day by day so that you are not overwhelmed, and slowly add more healthy foods into your meals while removing the more unhealthy options.
Resolve to start eating healthy today – you are worth it!