60 Million Americans suffer from sleep disorders.
People today sleep 20% less than they did 100 years ago.
Women are twice as likely to suffer from insomnia than men.
Everyone leads such busy lives these days. You go to work, pick up the kids, take them to practice, help them with homework, make dinner, and get everyone ready for the next day. Then morning comes, and you’ve been tossing and turning all night. You don’ feel refreshed or like you even slept at all. How are you going to make it through another day?
Remember the days when you could sleep like a baby?
Can’t Sleep? Do you have insomnia? Remember when you were young and you fell asleep as soon as your head hit your pillow? You never had to think twice about getting a good night’s sleep. When was the last time you enjoyed a night of restful sleep? Sleep is absolutely essential for good health. Wouldn’t it be nice to know how to sleep better again? Discover 12 secrets on how to sleep better.
Sleep Medications are Not the Answer
Getting a good night’s sleep is a big problem in America today, as you can tell by the number of sleep aids on the market and sleep medication commercials on TV. Medicated sleep, at best, gives us poor quality sleep often accompanied by a host of side effects. Some of the many side effects of medications like Ambien and Lunesta are drowsiness, impaired reactions, hallucinations, anxiety, decreased libido, nausea, headache, dizziness, and depression. Ambien has even been known to cause bizarre behavior while sleep walking. Even worse, these drugs are addictive, and they don’t solve the underlying cause of your inability to sleep.
How to Sleep Better Naturally
So what happened that makes is so difficult to fall asleep, or stay asleep, now that you are older? Why is it such an arduous task to try and get sound sleep? It shouldn’t have to be this hard.
Here are 12 secrets on how to sleep better:
1. Thyroid – Hypothyroidism is a common cause of poor sleep and insomnia. Thyroid hormones improve the quality of sleep, allowing you to spend more time in deep phases of sleep. It is also helpful for sleep apnea. It’s important to make sure you have optimal thyroid function.
2. Progesterone – Progesterone has a sleep effect that generates calmness when taken before bedtime. Low progesterone is often a cause of insomnia and anxiety.
3. Testosterone – In men, testosterone is important for quality sleep. It also helps with sleep apnea.
4. Estrogen – Estrogen deficiency can cause sleep disturbances, particularly due to night sweats and hot flashes.
5. Melatonin – Melatonin is a sleep regulating hormone and is essential for a good night’s sleep. Dr. Hotze’s Sleep Formula has melatonin along with other natural ingredients to help you get a restful night’s sleep.
6. Magnesium – Magnesium helps you to relax and aids with sleep. Melatonin production is disturbed without sufficient magnesium. Magnesium also helps with anxiety.
7. 5HTP – 5HTP is the precursor to serotonin, which has a role in sleep.
8. Inositol – Inositol aids in a restful night’s sleep and has a calming effect. It reduces feelings of stress and anxiety.
9. Keep your bedroom as close to complete darkness as possible and keep the temperature below 70 degrees.
10. Go to bed at the same time every night, including weekends.
11. Get plenty of exercise during the day. Physically active people sleep better.
12. Avoid large meals late and reduce intake of caffeine and alcohol in the evening.
As we age, the hormonal balance which kept us sleeping soundly in our younger years declines. Whether your trouble sleeping involves insomnia, difficulty falling asleep, waking up frequently, or waking up not feeling refreshed despite a full night’s sleep, correcting hormonal imbalance could be the key to getting back into a regular pattern of refreshing sleep. Vitamins and lifestyle changes are also very beneficial.
We Can Help
Take our symptom checker to find out if you have symptoms of hormone decline. We believe that you deserve to have a doctor and a team of professionals to coach you onto a path of health and wellness, naturally, without the use of pharmaceutical drugs, so that you can enjoy a life-changing health transformation. Give us a call today for a complimentary wellness consultation at 281-698-8698. It would be our privilege to serve you!