12 Tips for Hot Flash Relief
Ladies, are you lying awake all night because you’re sweating so much that your pajamas and bed sheets are drenched? Just when you start to fall back asleep, you start burning up and sweating again. You may be at work in a meeting, wearing your best suit, and all of the sudden you can’t stop sweating. You have to excuse yourself and leave the room. Hot flashes can be miserable (and embarrassing when around other people). You need relief fast!
Here are 12 tips for hot flash relief:
1. Avoid sugar, which can trigger hot flashes for many women. Sugary desserts in the evening can set off hot flashes and night sweats during the night due to a drop in blood sugar.
2. Avoid triggers such as alcohol (especially red wine), chocolate, and aged cheese.
3. Turn down the A/C. Keep your bedroom as cool as possible.
4. Use fans at night to help keep the air flowing.
5. Avoid spicy foods because they make you warm inside.
6. Take a cold shower before bed.
7. Avoid using a Tempur-Pedic mattress as it tends to be hot.
8. Don’t smoke cigarettes. Tobacco is linked to an increase in hot flashes.
9. Work on losing that extra weight, since excess weight and obesity are risks factors for hot flashes.
10. Drink lots of water. It’s important to stay hydrated throughout the day. This helps keep your body’s cooling system working well.
11. Get yourself a cooling pillow to help keep you cool while you sleep.
12. Restore and balance your hormones. Be sure not to overlook the important significance of correcting progesterone and estrogen loss. Replenishing and balancing these hormones with bioidentical hormones is crucial to stopping hot flashes.
After Monika had a hysterectomy, her health went downhill. She entered into what is called “surgical menopause.” She had mood swings, hot flashes, trouble sleeping, hair loss, anxiety and she was cold and tired all the time. Her doctor put her on Premarin and antidepressants, but that made her feel worse. Once she came to the Hotze Health & Wellness Center and was placed on bioidentical hormones and thyroid, she got her energy and vitality back! Watch as Monika tells her story.
We Can Help
Are hot flashes and other menopause symptoms controlling your life? Take our symptom checker to find out what could be the cause of your symptoms.
We can help. Let us guide you safely through menopause and help you to feel your best. Contact our Wellness Consultants today for a complimentary wellness consultation at 281-698-8698. It’s time to cool off from those hot flashes and get your life back!
What tips do you have for keeping hot flashes under control? Share them below.