9 Benefits of Estrogen for Menopause
Are you struggling with hot flashes and night sweats? Are your moods all over the place? Are you having difficulty sleeping? As women enter menopause, the decline in estrogen can cause many health symptoms which bring on a lot of misery. However, you don’t have to live with it. Find out how supplementing with bioidentical estrogen can have many positive effects on your health and give you the quality of life you deserve.
9 Benefits of Bioidentical Estrogen
1. Menopause Symptoms – Estrogen reduces hot flashes, night sweats and vaginal dryness and thinning. Estrogen can also decrease your risk of urinary incontinence and urinary tract infections. Hot flashes are related to changes in the dilation of blood vessels which is partially under the control of estrogen, and which brings an abundance of warm blood to the skin leading to a hot flash. Night sweats are hot flashes that occur while you’re sleeping at night. Vaginal dryness, atrophy, and infection are also due to a lack of estrogen in the genital area and can cause discomfort and pain, especially during sexual activity.
2. Mood Swings – As women enter menopause, estrogen deficiency occurs and the body is constantly readjusting to the changing hormone levels, thus causing a “swing” in moods. Estrogen treatment of postmenopausal women has been shown to improve mood and psychological function. Study results suggest that estrogen use may improve the overall quality of life in postmenopausal women. (1) Research shows that increase in estrogen levels leads to a pleasant feeling of well-being and improved mood. (2)
3. Bones – After menopause, the process of osteoporosis in women is accelerated due to deficiency of estrogen. Estrogen replacement helps prevent osteoporosis and restore bone strength. Research showed that estradiol was effective in increasing bone mineral density in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.(3) When estrogen is nearly completely absent, as occurs following surgical removal of the ovaries, the risk of hip fracture grows by 7-fold.
4. Heart – Estrogen protects against heart attacks. When women have a drop in their key hormones, estrogen and progesterone, the inflammation in their body increases. Inflammation injures the coronary arteries, causing atherosclerosis. Women with healthy estrogen levels have a decreased risk of heart disease. For postmenopausal women, there is an increase in heart disease. However, women who have had their ovaries removed have an increased risk for premature heart disease.
5. Depression – Estrogen helps reduce the risk of depression. Estrogen helps stabilize mood. Research shows that estrogen supplementation decreased depression in postmenopausal women. (4)
6. Sleep – Estrogen deficiency can cause sleep disturbances, particularly due to night sweats and hot flashes. Difficulty sleeping affects many women in menopause. Research shows that estrogen therapy was associated with better sleep. (5)
7. Libido – Estrogen enhances libido. Low libido is well known to be associated with low levels of sex steroid hormones. Research shows that estrogen positively affects libido.(6)
8. Brain – Estrogen enhances memory and concentration and helps with mental and cognitive functions. Estrogen deficiency can lead to memory loss and dementia. Estrogen, along with progesterone and testosterone, acts directly on nerve cells in the brain, protecting those cells from attack by neurotoxins and free radicals. These hormones also enhance the blood flow of the brain, thus protecting against memory loss, cognition and progression of dementia. Estrogen replacement therapy is associated with improved memory and attention. (7)
9. Skin – Estrogen makes your skin appear younger. Just think of how youthful the skin looks of young women who have optimal estrogen levels. After menopause, women tend to have poor skin elasticity and increased wrinkling due to lower estrogen levels. Normal estrogen levels promote the look and feel of youthful, healthy skin.
Watch Janae’s story to give you hope that you can feel great again after a hysterectomy:
We Can Help
We believe that you deserve a doctor and a team of professionals to coach you onto a path of health and wellness naturally, without the use of pharmaceutical drugs, so that you can enjoy a better quality of life.
Are you ready to conquer your menopause symptoms? We can help. Contact a wellness consultant today at 281-698-8698. It’s time to get your life back!
1. Estrogen Improves Psychological Function in Asymptomatic Postmenopausal Women
2. Differential Effects of Exogenous Oestradiol and Progesterone on Mood in Post-Menopausal Women: Individual Dose/Effect Relationship
3. Dose Effects of Oral Estradiol on Bone Mineral Density in Japanese Women with Osteoporosis
4. Estrogen Therapy for Depression in Postmenopausal Women
5. Effects of Estrogens on Sleep and Psychological State of Hypogonadal Women
6. Is Sexual Life Influenced by Transdermal Estrogen Therapy? A Double Blind Placebo Controlled Study in Postmenopausal Women
7. Long-Term Estrogen Replacement is Associated with Improved Nonverbal Memory and Attentional Measures in Postmenopausal Women
Estrogen is a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries.Premarin is the brand name of a prescription drug containing estrogen hormones. estrogen is critical for several processes in the body.It is used to treat symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes, and vaginal dryness, burning, and irritation. different uses include prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal ladies and replacement of estrogen in ladies with ovarian failure or different conditions that cause an absence of natural estrogen within the body.It is typically used as a part of cancer treatment in women and men.Using estrogen-alone could increase your possibilities of obtaining strokes or blood clots increase your likelihood of obtaining cancer of the uterus (womb) using estrogens with progestins may increase your possibilities of getting heart attacks, strokes, breast cancer, or blood clots
Sylvia Sheridan OBE
I have been prescribed HRT since I was 49. I look as one who is in early ‘50s. Skin is mostly wrinkle and blemish-free which also looks moisturised and not dry. No bone problems, memory sharp (in fact involved in one company and embarking upon major company prior to a stock market flotation.) People look at me twice when I offer rail pass to the conductor. I find their surprise very embarrassing. Thank you Oestrogen Hormone Replacement Therapy! I am 70. People keep confusing me and my 45 yr old daughter as ‘sisters’ – they are totally nonplussed when corrected.
Does the marina coil work well with eastrgon please as my Docter thinks I should try this together .
Thank you for your question. You would need to ask your gynecologist about the Mirena coil. We specialize in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
Please take our symptom checker to find out if you have other symptoms of hormone imbalance and what could be going on: http://makeshift-worm.flywheelsites.com/symptom-checker/
If you would like a complimentary wellness consultation with our Wellness Consultants, please call 281-698-8698. It would be our privilege to serve you.
To your health,
estrogen pills like proestro, maxiliv can reduce or resolve troublesome symptoms of menopause.