Hormonal Imbalance After Childbirth

By: | Tags: | Comments: 11 | May 4th, 2015

Hormonal Imbalance After Childbirth

Mother’s Day is one of our favorite times of year, because it gives us a chance to celebrate you, moms.  For new moms, this time can feel that much more special.  You finally have your very own baby to hold, love and take care of.  Life is great, right?

What Changed?
Or maybe things aren’t so great.  Perhaps something’s changed and you don’t feel as well as you used to.  You are tired all the time and it is difficult to take care of your baby.   You have insomnia, headaches, brain fog, anxiety, weight gain and you are becoming irritable from the fatigue you feel on a daily basis.  You’re thinking, “it wasn’t supposed to be this way.”

Hormonal Imbalance After Childbirth
While you might feel all alone, it is quite common for childbirth to alter hormonal balance and throw you off track, causing all kinds of negative health symptoms. These can be caused by estrogen dominance, hypothyroidism, and adrenal fatigue.  It doesn’t always happen after your first baby.  It could happen after your second or third, or any time after childbirth.

Common Hormonal Imbalance Symptoms to Look For:
Hair loss
Dry skin
Constipation
Irregular menstrual cycles
Postpartum depression

Traditional Medicine Often Fails You
Have you gone to your doctor, only to be told that she can’t find anything wrong with you? Are you feeling like it’s all in your head?  Have you been told that your blood test results are normal? Symptoms of thyroid problems and hormonal imbalance are commonly misdiagnosed by traditional doctors. Have you been given an antidepressant, because “that’s the only way you’ll come out of this”?  Or you might be given a diagnosis that merely describes your symptoms such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS, insomnia, depression or anxiety disorder.

Tanya’s Story
Click here to watch how new mom Tanya got her life back!

Get your life back!
If you are not feeling right after the birth of your child, please know that it doesn’t have to be this way. This is a special chapter of your life and you deserve to feel your best.  You don’t have to trade your good health for being a mom.  By balancing your hormones with bioidentical hormones that are identical to the ones that God created you with, you can restore hormonal balance and feel like yourself again.

Can you relate to Tanya’s story?  Take our symptom checker health quiz to discover if hypothyroidism and hormonal imbalance could be to blame.

Are you a new mom?  If you have questions about how your hormones might be affected at this special time, leave us a comment below.  We read every one and are here to ensure that you get the help you need.

Comments

11 thoughts on “Hormonal Imbalance After Childbirth

1. Lindsay

This is the second pregnancy/post partum time where I have lost significant weight during my first trimester (wasn’t due to morning sickness, diet remained the same), and then had my baby only to start packing on the pounds. I am hypothyroid but my levels are currently within range (and fairly low), so this is a very frustrating mystery to me. Could it be cortisol? The absence of HCG? I have to get this figured out. My weight is resistant to diet and exercise, I eat clean and am very active. Please help me.

• Hotze Team

Dear Lindsay,
      We are so sorry to hear about your struggle with weight – please know that you are not alone. This is a common symptom of hypothyroidism. Just because your blood work levels are in the normal range doesn’t mean your dosage or even formulation (i.e. T4 vs a T3/T4 combo) are correct for you. Since you are having weight gain, this is a clear sign that you are not on the correct dose of thyroid medication, or possibly not the right type of thyroid medication. Our doctors focus primarily on how the patient feels and not solely on a blood test. We use natural desiccated thyroid to treat hypothyroidism with great results. We will be happy to help you. Please call a wellness consultant at 877-698-8698 if you would like more information about how our program can help you. We hope you have a Merry Christmas!

2. Chelsea

I’m pretty positive I have a hormonal imbalance. I have felt all the symptoms listed for about 2 years and been to doctors only to hear blood work is fine etc etc. frustrating and gave up trying to figure it out because I assumed this was just going to have to be the new norm. So, now that I have been doing some more research, I am looking at the bioidentical hormones. Is this is pill form? Do I need a prescription or where would I buy these?

• Hotze Team

Dear Chelsea,

We understand your frustration. Many women run into this same roadblock, when doctors only look at their lab results. Our doctors listen and evaluate you according to your symptoms and clinical history.

At Hotze Pharmacy, we make our bioidentical hormones in capsule, cream, and sublingual tablet form. You do need a prescription from a doctor. Please call our wellness consultants for more information at 281-698-8698. We will be happy to help you.

3. Susan

Hi there my name is susan, and am have a problem
    I just had my baby about 7 months ago. And one of eyes is turning red all the time .a doctor told me it could be my hermone is this possible and what can I do to get it back in check.by the way the redness comes and goes like every month or so please help.

• Hotze Team

Dear Susan,

Congratulations on your new baby! The symptom you are experiencing is highly unlikely to be hormone related. Perhaps an eye doctor would be able to help you get to the root of of this symptom.

Thank you for your comment.

4. Madi

I am 3 months postpartum. I had a c section and have been on birth control for 2 months now. I stopped bleeding for 2 weeks and then had a period but i’ve been spotting ever since (2 weeks now). Could it
    be the hormones in the birth control effecting this?

5. Daniela Lopez

I have a beautiful baby boy that is 8 months old. When we took my son home the first few days I cried a lot. I couldn’t control my emotions and I didn’t/don’t know why I was so sad. I feel like I am hiding something from my husband and family because I don’t really know what it is I am feeling right now. I do have hypothyroid and am on medication that I take daily. The dose changed after I had my son. I don’t know if I am depressed or what is wrong with me. I am so tired all of the time, I do get moody but am able to control it most of the time, I cried when I read the intro to this page…I think I need help. I live in Southern California, do you have an office here?

• Hotze Team

Dear Daniela,

First, congratulations on your baby boy! We are so sorry that you are not feeling well, but please know that you are not alone. These changes are common after childbirth due to hormone decline and imbalance, and there is a natural solution.

During pregnancy, the placenta produces progesterone – known for its mood elevating effects – at levels that are many times higher than your body normally produces. Upon the birth of the baby, the placenta is expelled resulting in an immediate drop in a woman’s progesterone level, leading to feelings of depression. Since the drastic drop in progesterone causes the low moods of postpartum depression, it only makes sense to restore the body’s progesterone levels with bioidentical progesterone.

It is also possible that you are not on the right dose of thyroid medication since you are still having symptoms of hypothyroidism. When our patients still have low thyroid symptoms, our doctors will slowly increase the dose until those symptoms go away. Also, if you are on a synthetic thyroid such as Synthroid, then that could be part of the problem, too. We find that our patients have much better results on natural desiccated thyroid.

We do not have an office in California, however we do see people from all over the world. You only need to come to Houston for your very first visit, which is a thorough examination with our doctor. After that, your follow up visits may be done over the phone. Please consider calling our wellness consultants at 877-698-8698 who can tell you about our treatment program. We would count it a privilege to help you feel your best again.

6. CHRISSY BRIDGES

My name is Chrissy. I had my baby girl 4/10/15 (first pregnancy). She was born the months early weighing 1.15 ounces. We stayed in the NICU 90 days. She is perfectly healthy and right where she needs to be developmentally. She is a true miracle! However, just recently I feel so all over the place. My hormones seem to be going crazy. I haven’t made an appointment with my doctor yet. Any advice? I do not feel like I am suffering from depression. I do have major anxiety. I have always had anxiety though.