Why is everyone confused about bioidentical hormones? There is a lot of misinformation circulating in the media from well-meaning individuals who just don’t have all the information as well as those who have vested interests in the pharmaceutical companies and you can imagine that info has a slant. As we move forward in our discussion of bioidentical hormones, we will address each of the common myths associated with bioidentical hormones.
1.Hormones cause cancer.
2.The term ‘bioidentical hormones’ is just a marketing term.
3. Bioidentical hormones are no different than synthetic hormones such as Premarin or Prempro.
4. With all hormones, you should take the smallest dose for the shortest duration of time.
5. If bioidentical hormones were truly safe and effective, most physicians would prescribe them.
6. If my body was meant to have bioidentical hormones, then my hormones wouldn’t decline naturally. Hormonal decline is just a natural part of aging.
7. I know a friend who tried bioidentical hormones and they didn’t seem to help, so bioidentical hormones must not be effective.
Whether you agree or disagree with the general statements made about bioidentical hormones, we hope to give you a little food for thought over the next few weeks that may change your perspective on bioidentical hormones.
Have you heard anyone make these assumptions about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT)? Do you believe any of the common myths surrounding bioidentical hormones?