Every October, Americans come together to show their support against breast cancer. Most all of us have been affected by the heartbreaking disease in some way, whether it’s someone you care about or you’ve gone through it personally.
While we applaud the efforts in searching for a cure, true awareness includes a focus on prevention. What if you could avoid breast cancer in the first place? Learn 31 tips for breast cancer prevention to help protect yourself and lower your risk.
1. Cut sugar simple carbohydrates from your eating plan as much as possible.
2. Maintain optimal progesterone levels.
3. Eat at least 2 ½ cups of organic fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Supplement with iodine.
5. Avoid processed foods.
6. Get quality sleep.
7. Stop smoking.
8. Limit alcohol intake to one drink per day.
9. Drink green tea.
10. De-stress to maintain a healthy immune system.
11. Avoid GMOs (genetically modified foods) which are treated with herbicides that are carcinogenic.
12. Maintain optimal vitamin D levels.
13. Don’t take synthetic hormones, such as Premarin and Prempro.
14. Use paraben-free cosmetics and personal care products.
15. Avoid xenoestrogens, commonly found in plastic water bottles.
16. Maintain hormonal balance.
17. Detoxify your body – do a good detox program regularly.
18. Stay hydrated.
19. Exercise regularly – get up and move!
20. Don’t use antiperspirants or deodorants that contain aluminum.
21. Avoid birth control pills, especially in young girls.
23. Maintain a healthy body weight.
24. Take vitamin C.
26. Eat grass-fed meat raised without hormones.
27. Maintain a healthy pH balance.
28. Limit wearing a bra, which restricts the flow of lymph, hindering
the natural cleansing process.
29. Take DIM to help promote healthy estrogen metabolism. It’s the compound found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower.
30. Add curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, to your diet.
31. Avoid electromagnetic fields – radiation produced by cellphones, X-rays, electric blankets, etc. – as much as possible.
Hormone balance plays a key role in preventing breast cancer. Are you wondering if hormonal imbalance is one of your risk factors? Take our symptom checker quiz to find out, so that you can take action today.
Share this with all the women in your life so that they can be proactive and take charge of their health.