I think we’d all agree that we could use more energy these days. You wake up tired. You take the kids to school and go to work, dragging yourself through the day tired. Getting a work out in may not even be an option for you because you just don’t have any energy. Then you go to bed tired, and the next morning the cycle begins again. It’s hard to remember what it felt like to feel truly energized.
Here are 7 ways boost energy naturally:
1. Get a Good Night’s Sleep – First and foremost, make sure you are getting between 7 to 9 hours of sound sleep each night. Lack of sleep can really zap your energy for the next day.
2. Check Your Thyroid Function – Hypothyroidism, or low thyroid function, directly affects your energy levels because it slows down your metabolism. It’s is important that a doctor evaluates you according to your symptoms, clinical history and body temperature, and not just on a single blood test. It’s also important to get the proper treatment with desiccated thyroid
3. Check Your Adrenal Function – Adrenal fatigue is a condition that occurs when the adrenal glands cannot produce enough cortisol to meet the demands of your body. Your adrenal glands are worn out, so you feel increasingly fatigued. The solution is to supplement with bioidentical cortisol to help support your adrenal glands.
4. Eat a Healthy Diet – Eat lots of organic fruits and veggies. Cut out the junk food, processed food and fast food. Diets high in sugar and simple carbs cause blood sugar spikes and drops, and can make you sluggish.
5. Detox Regularly – Toxins cause us to feel tired, sick, gain weight and contribute to the development of chronic disease. It’s important to detoxify the body of environmental toxins and hormone disruptors such as pesticides and plastics. Besides a detox program, there are things you can do every day to help your body detox, such as drinking lots of water, eating organic, leafy greens and vegetables, sweating it out, and taking antioxidant supplements.
6. Get Up and Move – Believe it or not, making time to exercise each day can help increase your energy. It helps circulate oxygen to your cells. Go for a brisk walk. Exercising will also help you sleep better.
7. Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation – The American diet is sorely lacking in adequate nutrition, leading to host of nutrient deficiencies which deplete energy. Common issues like stress, a poor diet, and exhausted adrenal glands deplete your body’s stores of essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients that you need to feel your best.
Here are our top 2 must-have vitamins to help boost your energy:
- Energy Formula Multivitamin – Energy Formula fulfills those essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients that you need, and surpasses the recommended daily amount so that you don’t just get enough “to get by” but are able to function at your absolute best and enjoy the life you were designed to live. It provides you with more than 27 essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients. It improves overall energy production at a cellular level, offers cardiovascular and immune support, helps to decrease stress levels and improve mood.
- B-Complex – B vitamins should be at the foundation of your vitamin regimen. B vitamins are water-soluble (which means they are excreted through urine and not stored in fat) and they are also very easily depleted from your body through common daily activities such as exercise, stress, caffeine and taking prescription drugs. B-Complex is a blend of the most highly absorbable forms of each B vitamin, including B12, all which work synergistically with one another to replenish your B vitamin stores, give you back your energy, reduce stress, and detoxify your body naturally.
What Symptoms are you experiencing?
Take our symptom checker to help identify all the symptoms you are experiencing and discover what could be the underlying cause.